How to apply
In order to submit an application start by choosing programme corresponding to your field of study. You may also take a look at programs grouped by faculties.
If you want to study as an Erasmus student at Maria Curie-Sklodowska University (UMCS), you should first contact the Erasmus coordinator at your home university and ask to be nominated for a short study period at UMCS. Your nomination should be sent by your Erasmus coordinator to the UMCS Erasmus Office.
The nominated students are required to create an account and submit an application along with the following documents:
- Application form - typed, printed, and signed by the student and the Erasmus coordinator (handwritten forms will not be accepted), then scanned and attached to the application;
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport or ID;
- One digital passport-size photograph - requirements;
- A photocopy of the insurance document (EHIC Card for EU citizens); In case you plan to buy an inrusance policy after getting the acceptance letter, leave the respective field blank. Do it in justified cases only!
- The results of the online assessment (at least at the B1 level, for English Philology at least at the B2 level) provided by Online Linguistic Support (OLS) for the English language. Ask Erasmus Office at your university, they should give you access to undergo the OLS language assessment. In the application package, you do not need to send the OLS test score – any document confirming your English skills will suffice. If you do not have any such document, just send the results of your OLS test once it is available but before your arrival in Lublin; If your program is conducted in a language other than English or English is your native language, you should not provide a certificate. Instead, attach a declaration stating that your classes will be conducted in a different language or that English is your native language.
Step by step application guide.
You can fill your LA at https://learning-agreement.eu or any other online platform your Higher Education Institution is using to exchange Online Learning Agreements.
The Learning Agreement should be approved by all three parties (student, home coordinator, and coordinator at the UMCS) before the start of the mobility.
In order to arrange your LA, you should choose subjects from the list of the courses available listed in the "Course offer" section below.
When in doubt, contact faculty coordinators.
In exceptional cases (if your home university has not started operating in any digital platform for exchanging OLAs yet), we can accept the paper LA. In this case, the document must be printed out and signed by you and your home coordinator, then sent to your faculty coordinator at UMCS via e-mail).
If you are participating in a bilateral exchange program (other than the Erasmus+ Program), you should create the paper LA (not the online one).
Course offer for exchange students is available on our webpage.
Applications have to be submitted within the following deadlines:
- May 31 for the 1st (winter) semester or full academic year.
- December 18 for the 2nd (summer) semester.
You will find more information on our website.